ENE Tomato Chilli Sauce Recipes
Recipe # 1
1. Noodles (300 grams)
2. Boneless Chicken thin strips (400 grams)
3. Oil (100 ml)
4. Cornflour/Corn starch (30 grams)
5. Chopped Ginger (20 grams)
6. Garlic 3-4 pods (20 grams)
7. Sliced Onion (50 grams)
8. Salt (to taste)
9. Carrots cut into thin strips (50 grams)
10.French brans cut into thin strips (50 grams)
11.Shredded Cabbage (50 grams)
12.Shredded Spinach (30 grams)
13.White pepper powder (2 grams)
14.Sugar (5 grams)
15.ENE Bhut Jolokia Tomato Chilli Sauce (30 grams)
16.Vinegar (15 ml)
17.Chicken Stock (200 ml)
18.Beans sprouts (50 grams)
19.Tofu (100 grams)
20. Eggs (4)
1. Heat sufficient water, add little salt and one tablespoon of oil and bring to a boil. Add noodles and boil on high heat until almost cooked.
2. Remove, drain and cool. Divide the cooked noodles into four equal portions, form into a nest and deep fry in hot oil till light brown and crisp.
3. Remove and drain on an absorbent kitchen towel. Blend corn-starch in quarter-cup water and set aside. Heat two tablespoons of oil in a wok, add chopped ginger, garlic and stir-fry briefly. Add sliced onion and sauté for a minute or until it turns translucent.
4. Add chicken and stir-fry on high heat for two minutes or until the moisture evaporates. Add carrot, beans, cabbage, spinach and stir-fry for two minutes or until the vegetables are just cooked but still retain the crispness. Add pepper powder, MSG, salt and sugar.
5. Stir in the tomato sauce and the vinegar. Pour in the stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat and stir in the blended corn-starch. Simmer for two minutes or until it thickens to a sauce consistency. Add bean sprouts and tofu and stir well.
6. Meanwhile using the remaining oil, prepare fried eggs in a non-stick fry pan. Arrange a portion of the fried noodles on a plate, pour a portion of the prepared sauce and top with a fried egg. Serve hot.